Shank’s Extracts, a local flavor, and extract manufacturer and packager has an opening for a Senior Customer Service Representative The anticipated working hours 8 am-5 pm (Mon-Fri). This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that customer’s orders are produced and shipped in a timely manner, in addition to resolving customer questions and concerns.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse group of customers.
- Good problem solving capabilities, able to assist customers with problems in a prompt manner.
- Experienced in working independently, yet able to work with a team spirit.
- Able to work in a structured environment, following set rules and guidelines.
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly, pleasant and professional, able to project that on the telephone while talking to customers.
- Experienced in data entry, handling paper work to document orders and keeping appropriate departments apprised of any problems..
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic academic education (high school level or equivalent) plus specialized training or a two year degree in Communications, Business Management, Administrative Assistant, or related field. Minimum two years general experience in a customer service position in a manufacturing environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles customer service responsibilities to include taking customer’s orders, entering new orders into system, track orders through production process, releasing orders to ship with required documents.
- Keeps customer informed of order status.
- Prints and mails invoices to customers.
- Handling customer complaints and any other customer requests.
- Assures customer receives order along with any pertinent paperwork required.
- Backs up Receptionist/Sales Support Representative as well as other Customer Service Representatives as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.