Shank’s Extracts, a local flavor and extract manufacturer and packager has an opening for a 3rd shift Production Mechanic. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the daily startup of all equipment for the production line, including set-up, repairs, and maintenance of light manufacturing equipment.
- Performs changeovers, set-ups, and adjustments of production machines for the day’s production.
- Performs minor repairs to non-functioning equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Performs adjustments to operating machinery as needed.
- Assures production lines are ready for use daily; performs all machine shut down operations.
- Assists where needed in Production and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires high school level education (or equivalent).
- Prefer someone with 3+ years of experience working in a production environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is required.
- Prior experience in a food manufacturer is a plus, as is familiarity with food safety and food security.
- Able to use basic tools to set-up and operate manufacturing equipment.
- Having the ability to use basic shop mathematics, handbook formulas, and able to interpret simple blueprints or drawings is preferred but not required.
- Able to understand basic English verbal and written directions and can communicate with co-workers and management.
Training may be provided on 1st shift for the selected qualified candidate.
Competitive salary and benefit package is commensurate with experience and skill set.
Shank’s Extracts is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer.