Shank’s Extracts, a local flavor, and extract manufacturer and packager have an opening for a 1st shift Sales Support Representative working (Mon-Fri) 8 am-5 pm.
This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Description of Essential Functions of the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is customer service and to perform a variety of administrative and technical assignments related to marketing flavor and extract products.
- Processes new customer credit applications and set them up in Plex.
- Regular communication with customers and new potential accounts.
- Submits necessary documentation on products for customers.
- Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations. Coordinates with Purchasing Department as needed.
- Sets up sample requests in Plex and consults with product development personnel on product specifications.
- Primary liaison between product development, sales team and customers.
- Handles travel arrangement for sale personnel and other staff members.
- Assists with trade show preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Basic academic education (high school level or equivalent) plus specialized training or a two year degree in Communications, Business Management, Administrative Assistant, or related field.
- Strong Customer Service skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse group of customers. Minimum two years general experience in a customer service or administrative position. Retail customer service experience is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly, pleasant and professional, able to project that on the telephone while talking to customers.
- Good problem solving capabilities, able to assist customers with problems in a prompt manner.
- Experienced in working independently, yet able to work within a team environment.
- Able to work in a structured environment, following set rules and guidelines.
- General administrative skills plus experienced in data entry, handling paper work to document orders and keeping appropriate departments apprised of any problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) is required. ERP experience is a plus.