Shank’s Extracts, a local flavor and extract manufacturer and packager has an opening for a 2nd shift Production Associate working (Mon-Fri) 3 pm-11:20 pm. This position reports to the production manager.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a Production Associate duty, and to provide a support to the department team leader and supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for upholding company policies and procedures including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), production lines, sanitation, cleanliness, equipment verification and process validation.
- Promote healthy communication between workers and management.
- Maintains work flow by applying steps of the process; monitoring control points; communicate corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and encouraging a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains quality and safety by respecting organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment, which includes filling lines, filters and reports issues.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment to all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and containers used in production to ensure no cross-contamination all in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Experience working effectively and accurately in high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a repetitive, consistent work environment with goal of efficiency and accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to stand for an entire shift
- Requires walking on an infrequent basis
- May require employee to infrequently lift up to forty (40) pounds
- Requires frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds.
- Requires frequent pushing, pulling, and lifting close to the body
- Requires frequent repetitive motion
- Ability to work on a consistent production line
- Requires bending, twisting, stooping, and squatting
- Must be able to work in various indoor temperatures including elevated heat and humidity
- Exposure to elevated noise levels which occur below OSHA thresholds
- Infrequent exposure to machine sanitation solutions and detergents
- Requires frequent visual quality control observations which may include: turning and bending of the neck and head area.
- Exposure to various odors throughout a work shift.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment [PPE]
- Required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]