We are currently hiring a full-time Food & Sanitation Coordinator
The primary purpose of the Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator position is to ensure that the company complies with government and customer regulations and policies and to assure preparedness for various audits and inspections.
Learn more and apply online here – http://bit.ly/2Pm10jJ
Shank’s Extracts is a worldwide producer of extracts, flavors, food coloring, and more. The company was founded in 1899 and has established a strong presence within the flavoring, extracts, and bottling marketplace as well as growing significantly since founded.
The primary purpose of the Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator position is to ensure that the company complies with government and customer regulations and policies, and to assure preparedness for various audits and inspections. Additional responsibilities are to maintain, monitor and distribute company information in the areas of raw material and finished goods documentation, standard operating procedures and food safety policies and practices; and to support the Quality Assurance functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive updates for procedures and methods as pertinent to Master Sanitation and Cleaning Prerequisite programs and preventive Controls, Product Thermal Processing, and allergen management.
- Review of HACCP plan documentation related to food safety as needed.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator must be a member of the HACCP team.
- Accompany inspectors and auditors and complete mock trace exercises upon request and quarterly.
- Assist in investigations of issues with raw materials and finished products
- Complete daily reviews of thermally processed products and manage production records in compliance with FDA regulations for finalization and filing.
- Assist with maintenance and revisions to Allergen Control Program and annual allergen validations.
- Audit Quality Systems as necessary including Quality Policy/Systems desk audits, quarterly glass and brittle plastics audit, identity preservation audits.
- Selection and management of sanitation and cleaning chemicals including validation activities.
- Manage 3rd party calibrations of equipment including but not limited to bench top scales, tank load cells, thermocouples and temperature recorders quarterly, annually, or semi-annually as appropriate.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator assists with management of 3rd party pest control and monitoring. Provide trend analysis reports and provide guidance to the facility as appropriate.
- Perform quarterly water testing sampling for internal testing and annual 3rd party lab validation testing.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) review for formulations in accordance with HACCP plan requirements for microbiological hazard assessments
- Conduct microbiological process flow review annually for improvements/revisions as appropriate.
- Conduct validation studies for thermally process products for compliance validations and efficiency improvements.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Coordinator may perform other duties as assigned